Business Tampere & BHTC invite you to the automotive interior hackathon!
Behr-Hella Thermocontrol GmbH (BHTC) is one of the world's leading companies in climate control and thermal management for the automotive industry with a strong growing business in HMI (Human Machine Interfaces). The customer portfolio is dominated by the biggest vehicle manufacturers in the world. Control panels and control units for vehicle air conditioning as well as complex HMI system solutions define the main pillars. BHTC covers the entire process from product design and development to the production of complete climate control and HMI systems. In this process, BHTC combines all areas of expertise from software, electronics and mechanics to all other technologies necessary for the development and production of current and future operating and display elements.
We are looking for engineers, data scientists, IoT experts, software developers, service designers as well as startups, students and researchers to help to create and apply new solutions, methods and services that either improve BHTC’s operational excellence, enable new approaches to increase individual passenger comfort and maximize the user experience in the future vehicles.
The challenge areas:
- Identify new human centered needs in well-being in mobility
- Find new approaches to increase individual passenger comfort
- Generate wellness through intelligent comfort algorithms
- Re-think car climatization with AI, deep learning or other innovative approaches.
- Maximize user experience with revolutionary HMI systems.
- Design user interfaces from a clean sheet to create emotional bond
- Hackathon: 27.11.-29.11.2017
- The final registration day: 17.11.2017
- Place: Kampusareena, Tampere University of Technology, Tampere, Finland
- Webinar on week 47 where the teams can ask questions about the challenges
- Dr. Michael Frigge - Manager Advanced Engineering Software and System Design
- Vesa Pelli - Manager Development HMI Finland
- Alexander Waldeyer - Manager Technical Marketing & Patents
- Andre Wälter - Manager Corporate Development
- Apply with a team of 1-5 people or as a company
- All applications will be reviewed after the deadline and all applicants will be informed one week after the deadline.
- Groups that submit early have a small advantage because we have more time to read their applications.
- 3500 € 1st plus 2 tickets for SLUSH
- 2000 € 2nd
- 1000 € 3rd
- 500 € special award for the most impressive hack
- Top 3 hacks will be considered for an advanced engineering project
- Outstanding participants will be considered for an internship at BHTC
Who will own my idea?
Ideas are free for everyone to use but the IPR for any software codebase or documents produced during the challenge will stay with the team. BHTC has the first right of refusal to negotiate further collaboration with the team to purchase or continue working on the project initiated at the hack.
BHTC has over 2000 Employees worldwide and its turnover in 2016 was 415 million euros. BHTC has units in Germany, the USA, China, India, Japan, Bulgaria, Mexico and Tampere, Finland.
BHTC produces climate control and thermal management systems to Audi, Behr, Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, Chrysler, DAF, Daimler, Daimler Commercial Vehicles, FAW-VW, Ford, Freightliner, GM, Lamborghini, Mack, Mahindra & Mahindra, Mahindra Renault, MAN, Mini, Navistar, Nissan, Paccar, Porsche, PSA, Renault, Renault Samsung, Renault Truck, SAIC, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Subros, S-GM, S-VW, Tata, Volkswagen, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Volvo and Volvo Trucks.
To find out more about BHTC visit at www.bhtc.com